Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Voyage ...


When it comes to traveling and visiting places, 2006 will become a year for Remembrance. Though I have lived in UK, Toronto and Jersey, my stay at Seattle has changed my idea of making trips.

Following is the list of places I have visited during 2006.

1. Honolulu, Hawaii (May)
2. Vancouver, BC, Canada (August)
3. Las Vegas, Grand Canyon (September)
4. Los Angeles & San Diego, CA (November)
5. Houston, Atlanta, NJ & New York (December)
(Trip was to visit Dear one's rather places :)-)

2005 – New Jersey, New York, Washington DC, Maine, Massachusetts
2004 – Canada => Toronto, Niagara Falls, Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal & Quebec
2002 – UK => London, Edinburgh, Glasgow























That’s a pretty good list though. Just created my voyage map in North America so far.


Oh man, I can see lot of empty spaces in the map. Probably few more places will be added during 2007.

Places to visit in future :-

1. Miami, Florida.
2. Cancun Island, Mexico.
3. Bahamas, Caribbean Islands.
4. Alaska
5. Whistler, BC, Canada.
6. SFO, CA
7. Chicago, IL

Apart from North America I wanted to visit South America too probably Brazil. Love to do a Euro Trip too.

That’s pretty exhaustive list, Oops lets c.

3 comments:

Seenivasan said...

impressive list of places that you have visited.

I have one question:

When in India we dont worry or plan much about visiting various places. But when in abroad or any foriegn country we tend to plan to visit various places. Why?

Arasan said...

Seeni, Your question doesn’t have one single line answer. Multiple factor decides a person to go for vacation irrespective of India or Abroad.

1. In India, When ever there is a long week end, I prefer to make visit to my home, since most of the time I worked outside my home town. The same situation applicable to most of us. (Overnight journey will make me to reach my home). But of course I have done lots of one day trip to nearby localities, but not like a trip that one can plan in abroad.

2. When you stay outside your home town, you are totally isolated from your family, so you have left with two options, stay home and watch TV, cinema, house keeping or go out for a vacation. So going out for a vacation is predominantly common when you are away from home. (Probably travel time greater than overnight journey). When I was at Bombay, I was planning for lonawala, kandala, matherang but dropped because of weather condition. The only long distance trip which I made in India is Trip to Goa. (That was awesome, I am still longing for such trip)

3. Travel cost, Safety& affordability factor also plays a crucial role. I think US, Canada & Europe are pretty safe which makes visitors to feel they are safe.

4. Infrastructure of a country plays a vital role. Europe is well connected by trains and US/Canada is well connected by Air and Roads. Driving in US/Canada is easy which makes planning a trip easier. You get cheap tickets if you have patience and book in advance. Now India is catching up on this.

5. In Abroad, One can plan a trip in <10 minutes due to online booking system. All hotels, rentals, airlines, destinations are well integrated and one can shop all @ one place.

6. In Abroad, we get holidays on Thanks Giving, Christmas, Labor day, Independence Day etc we don’t celebrate any of these occasions, so we make these holidays for vacation but back in India Pongal and Diwali are major festival and we prefer celebrating the occasion at home rather visiting places.

7. Most influencing factor is holidays and week ends are completely yours @ abroad.

Convenience, Infrastructure, Affordability, Safety, One source information, Economics, Tourism Infrastructure and Individual Mental/Energy Level etc decides a person to go on for a vacation irrespective of India or Abroad.

Siva said...

wowda .. thats a long list of places. nee kalakku. I liked your reasoning in the comments too.